Working until 3:30am this morning isn’t exactly my forte, but it pays the bills, right?
Good thing a coworker came to my rescue and I got to munch on my favorite holiday treat.
Even though it wasn’t a holiday munchie, I’m a big fan of sweet and salty! yum! This, at 4 in the morning, tastes even better! :)
Definally raining out when I woke up around lunch time. I’m sure some of you got a handful of this in white form!
Cold and wet is just asking for a warm breakfast:
- 1 banana
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 egg
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or other nut butter (I used peanut butter)
- Nuts for topping (optional)
1. Heat a small, greased non-stick wok or pan on medium high. Place a banana (sliced lengthwise) in the center.
*The key to grilling a banana successfully is to not move it except to flip it.
2. Heat a non-stick greased pan on medium high. In a small bowl, beat egg and vanilla. Using a fork to spread the mix, soak as much of the egg mix into the tortilla as you can.
3. Place tortilla on greased pan and pour remaining egg mix over the top.
4. Combine sugar and cinnamon and pour into top of tortilla.
5. Use a spatula to fold in any egg mix that might’ve crept off the tortilla (what’s currently facing up is going to be the inside of the wrap).
6. Once the bottom has browned, carefully flip the tortilla and cook for several minutes.
7. Flip again before transferring to a plate.
8. On one end, smear the almond or nut butter. On the other, place the grilled bananas. Roll into a wrap. (See “how-to” roll a wrap video below).
9. Plate, top with nuts, and enjoy.
Since a few of you, might not know how to roll a wrap, I decided to make a quick video of how to roll a wrap:
How To Roll A Wrap:
Thanks for watching guys and I’ll be back! Off to work I go..