…And I say that through a whirlwind of snow, sleet, rain, and ice! It’s a crazy one out there today. My first “official” snowfall of the season!
(“By the way, the Pack is 8-0 halfway through the season! Superbowl champions again here we come!?”)
Hope you all are staying warm inside, or if you’re crazy enough like me, running through the madness, dreaming of another white Christmas ahead!
I don’t mean for the blog to be an every other day thing lately, but a special visitor has been in town for the past two days.
My sister from South Dakota was in the area and decided to drop in.
Between Sequence, Golf, Thirty-one, Speed, War, and Slap Jack: I must say, I came out as “Queen of Slap-Jack” with others following close behind. Anyone else want to take a shot at it? 7-0. Booyeah! ;)
The rest of the day yesterday was spent sprawlin’ out watching “Ice Age” and other films.
In the oven:
Sweet Apple Baked Rice:
- 3/4 brown rice
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 pack extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1.5 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups apple juice
- Another drizzle of maple syrup
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Prepare brown rice according to package direction.
- Drain tofu and press extra firm tofu of excessive juice (for about two minutes)
- Chop tofu into squares and, in a large bowl, combine tofu, pecans, raisins, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
- Using a spoon, crumble the tofu and mix everything together.
- Punch the sweet potato with a fork and microwave for about 4 minutes. Let cool and then remove the skin. Chop and add to tofu mix.
- Add almond milk and salt. Mix in cooked brown rice.
- Grease a heavy pie dish, pour rice and tofu mix in. Using a spatula, pack down the mix.
- Top rice with sliced apple.
- Melt butter in microwave and drizzle on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 374 degrees for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove foil and bake for another 15.
- Meanwhile, bring apple juice to a rolling boil to reduce. It will take about 15 minutes for the mix to reduce. At the very end, add a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Remove serving, plate (it will be all crumbly), and drizzle with sauce.
Then I headed off to work for the evening…
Thanks for visiting, “Shorty”!
- Soo unoriginal sorry: Electricity! What would I do without my electric tea kettle! (oh wait, last time you checked I didn’t have a tea kettle…right. Post coming soon! )
- A winter coat. Gotta get through this cold somehow.
Perfect day to snuggle up with something warm to drink.
Starbucks is NOT the same as Caribou. I’m sorry. It is much less laid back and relaxed as Caribou Coffee. There are ALWAYS people in their business attire streaming in and out. Whereas, Caribou seems much more “homey” and not so much as an ”in-and-out”. I just find it more “cozy”.
I ordered the Tazo® Earl Grey Tea Latte:
*Fun fact: My sisters have called me, “Hilda” ever since I can remember. Hilda, Hildegarde, Hildi…etc.
I am off to squeeze in my “Day 2 of C25k” run in..have a good day everyone!
p.s. Wondering where ”Circuit 2” video is?…I will have it up very soon!
*Help tip: You can find all of my fitness tips and videos by clicking on my Fitness Tips tab here: