Yep! It’s that time of year again-New Year Resolution time! I know some people despise NYRs with an undying passion, but if I didn’t set one of mine last year, it probably would have never happened-at least anytime soon. (Yeah I know January 3rd is cutting it close-but I did make it happen!(huh?)) Therefore-I’ve really begun to love them. I think of January as a fresh start; a chance to try again; an opportunity to wipe the slate clean!
This year, and most likely, many following, I will be publicly proclaiming my resolutions on the blog because I feel that it will help me stay committed. Also, I can look back next year and see what I have accomplished! Last year, I didn’t write them down, but they were constantly on my mind. Despite a few rocky moments, 2011 was a great year, and I’m excited to see what 2012 brings me.
On that note…here are my resolutions for 2012.
- Emotionally, intellectually, and physically prepare myself for college.
- Save enough money to not worry about living “paycheck-to-paycheck”.
- Get involved. Volunteer for something, somewhere.
- Make a greater effort to keep in touch with all of my family.
- Have a positive body image and stop my “Fat Talk”.
- Work hard in school and maintain a goal oriented focus.
- Ask for help in school and remember that people are there to help, not criticize.
- Maintain a healthy balance between work, school, fitness, and social life.
- Get into an ideal fitness shape (not weight), and run a 5k.
- Workout at least three times a week, health permitting.
- Drink more water and regularly take supplements.
- Recognize, appreciate, and stomp out “bored” or “stress” related eating.
- Grow a successful “window sill” herb/fruit/vegetable garden.